Who doesn’t have a dream place where they’d like to spend the rest of their life? To many, they are those big cities that bring, as well as their cultural history, promises of life changing opportunities. We call them “hotspot locations” – amazing, but highly-demanded places. To increase your chances of being accepted to these places, we’ve picked some tips for you!
- Improve your profile! We have an article with some tips on how to make your profile shine bright like a diamond. Check it out!
- Make a video! But not any video… talk about yourself, about what you like to do, your goals and your purpose. Show who you truly are. Be creative! Take the opportunity to innovate and make a great first impression.
- Promote your skills! Do you have any special skills that can be interesting to hosts? Show them off! You can promote your skills in our special section and hosts can even find you before you find them. They can also search for travelers with the specific abilities they need.
- Are your dates flexible? Make it clear! Hosts should always know if they can count on your flexibility to plan their calendar better. If they know your availability, they can better manage their team, guests and the volunteers that will be helping, thus increasing your chances of being accepted!
- Explain how you can help! Hosts want travelers who can help them improve their projects – the experience offered by Worldpackers goes beyond exchanging skills for accommodation: we exchange values, stories and life experiences. Think about your baggage of experiences and share it with your host when applying.
- Only apply if the position is perfect for you. Consider your skills and what is described in the position, its requirements and availability. Hosts look for specific profiles and, if you’re not what they’re looking for, your application may not be taken into consideration.
You can also see how many people have applied to that host in the week and the host's response rate. So, remember to use our tips to beat off the competition and guarantee your trip! :)