a) Trip cancellation
Keep in mind that hosts put a lot of trust in travelers with confirmed trips to help them with what they’ve agreed upon, so last-minute cancellations can be really inconvenient for them.
We understand that unexpected situations can force you to cancel or modify your trip. We recommend that you contact your host as soon as possible and see if you can change the original dates instead of canceling the entire trip. If that’s not possible, you must inform your host as soon as possible that you won’t be able to travel.
You can find the "Cancel Stay" button on the position application pages where travelers and hosts communicate.
If the traveler cancels the trip 7 days or less in advance, they will automatically receive a negative review for cancelling last minute; If the host cancels the traveler's stay 30 days or less in advance, the Worldpackers support team will help you find a new host within the travel period shown on the trip confirmation on the website;
In the absence of availability in the area previously chosen as your destination, the Worldpackers support team reserves the right to find hosts in other areas and/or positions that differ from the original position;
Worldpackers is not liable for covering the costs of travel changes or other expenses if there is a need to change the destination during the process;
Please note that there are no cash refunds. After using the services provided by the Annual Plan, reimbursements of the fee will only be given in the form of credits in your virtual wallet.
b) Cancellation of Worldpackers Membership
- If the traveler wishes to cancel his/her annual membership in 7 (seven) days since the payment confirmation and has not used the service (see below), he/she will receive the refund for the amount paid.
- If the traveler wishes to cancel his/her annual membership in 30 days since the payment confirmation (regardeless of service usage), he/she will receive the amount paid in form of Credits in the platform, which can be used to buy the membership again in the future. Money refunds are not available in this case.
- Credits do not expire.
Service usages include:
- one or more applications;
- one or more pre-approvals;
- one or more trip confirmations.
Worldpackers is not responsible for:
- Problems with passports and/or visas;
- Availability and/or cost of transportation to the host;
- Availability in the host’s schedule;
- Health and/or travel insurance;
- Responsibility and/or acceptance by the host.