To create a profile, click on “Get started”. You will have two options:
- a) Continue with Facebook
- b) Sign in with email.
After filling in your personal information, the next step is to select what kind of trip you want and for how long you want to travel.
And that’s it! Now you can explore all our opportunities and apply to all the worldwide incredible experiences you want! YEY!
OBS: to apply and contact hosts, you will have to sign our Annual Membership plan and become a Verified Member.
Tips for an amazing profile
Did you know that sometimes your profile is more important than your application? Hosts will stalk you a little bit to get as much information about you as possible, so don’t be shy and let them know everything about you! We know each profile is unique, but here are some friendly tips for those who aren’t very good at talking about themselves:
- Make your profile shine! We have an article with some tips on how to make your profile shine bright like a diamond. Check it out!
- Make a video! But not any video… talk about yourself, about what you like to do, your goals and the purpose of your trip. Be creative! Take the opportunity to innovate and make a great first impression.
- Promote your skills! Do you have any special skills that can be interesting to hosts? Show them off! You can promote your skills in our special section and hosts can even find you before you find them. They can also search for travelers with the specific abilities they need.
- Are your dates flexible? Make it clear! Hosts should always know if they can count on your flexibility to plan their calendar better. If they know your availability, they can better manage their team, guests and the volunteers that will be helping, thus increasing your chances of being accepted.
- Explain how you can help! Hosts want travelers who can help them improve their projects – the experience offered by Worldpackers goes beyond exchanging skills for accommodation – we exchange values, stories and life experiences. Think about your baggage of experiences and share it with your host when applying.
- Only apply if the position is perfect for you. Consider your skills and what is described in the position, its requirements and availability. Hosts look for specific profiles and, if you’re not what they’re looking for, your application may not be taken into consideration. But don’t worry, if your application wasn’t successful with a specific host, that doesn’t mean you can’t travel with Worldpackers! Continue trying until you find the perfect position for you.