Did you know that sometimes your profile is more important than your application? Hosts will stalk you a little bit to get as much information about you as possible, so don’t be shy and let them know everything about you! We know each profile is unique, but here are some friendly tips for those who aren’t very good at talking about themselves:
- Choose your best picture for your profile! Do you know when your mom comments on your profile pic “I can’t see your pretty face well!”? Well, hosts also like to see who’s behind the screen. Avoid photos with friends, and show your beautiful face.
- Show your other trips! We all have those amazing photos we could repost a thousand times. Show us where you’ve been to, your adventures and the crazy stuff you did on the road! Climbed a mountain? Bungee jumped? Camped beneath the stars? This is YOUR time to shine. Most hosts have also been travelers and there isn’t a better icebreaker than talking about a common trip. Seeing where you’ve been also helps understand your traveling style and what you like to do when you’re exploring the world!
- Talk about your hobbies! If you’re crazy about surfing or love cooking, tell the world! Hosts can get to know you better through your hobbies :)
- Write an honest description of yourself. We know that a picture is worth a thousand words, but it’s also important to write a little bit, right? Talk about your personality, your background, and your purpose. It can be funny, serious or even exciting. It just can’t be blank!
- A complete background will support your description! Hosts love profiles that share everything, from educational and work background to hobbies and trips.
- Do you have a portfolio? Awesome! If you’re a photographer, video-maker, artist or musician, show off your talents. Feel free to share links to your portfolio and show your amazing work! Hosts that are looking for those specific abilities will ask to see previous work and showing them on your profile may even make a host come to you before you contact anyone!
- Confirm inside Worldpackers’ platform to get reviews! Every experience with a Worldpackers host gives you the right to write and receive reviews. Hosts also like travelers who have references and, of course, the best way to get them is by seeing your previous experiences with Worldpackers.