To purchase the double plan, the first step is to leave your profile here at Shining Worldpackers! That is, talk a little more of you in each profile field, add photos of other trips and highlight your skills.
Then, in order to apply to any host on our platform, you need to become a Verified Member, paying our one-year (one-time and valid for one year!) US$59 fee. To do that, one of you must choose the option “Couple/Friends’ Plan” on the page to become a Verified Member. Assuming that you make the payment for the annual plan, you must fill a space with the email of the person who’s traveling with you. The guest only becomes a Verified Member after accepting the invitation, and then the plan is already identified as double :D
Remember it’s only possible to apply for volunteer positions if both profiles are completed and if both of you fulfill the characteristics required on the position description.
When a host pre-approves you, both of you will receive the notification, but only one of you need to confirm with the host so that the trip of the two of you is confirmed.
If you have a solo profile and want to change it for the couple’s/friends’ one, read the following recommendations:
- If both of you purchased the solo plan in less than 3 months, we may join the profiles and establish the further expiration date (of the last one who made the purchase), with no refunds.
- If at least one of the Verified Members purchased more than 3 months ago, we may join the profiles and establish the closer expiration date (of the first one who made the purchase), with no refunds.
- If only one of you purchased and is asking for the change of plan in up to 7 days without having used our services (one or more applications; one or more pre-approvals, one or more trips confirmed), you may receive a refund in the form of money or credits on the platform - with credits in the wallet, all you’ll have to pay for the difference is US$10.
- If only one of you purchased and is asking for the change of plan in up to 7 days but has responded applications, you may receive a refund in the form of credits on the platform.
- If only one of you purchased and is asking for the change of plan in up to 30 days, you may receive a refund in the form of credits on the platform.
- If only one of you purchased and is asking for the change of plan after30 days since the purchase, it won’t be possible to have a refund in the form of money or credits.
Solo plans purchased from October 7th of 2019 that are being used as a profile for two people are subjected to total removal of the platform, through further notice, with no refund.
It's important to keep in mind that our Couple’s/Friend’s Plan doesn’t allow that one person applies individually, so it’s only possible to apply, confirm and cancel trips as a duo. If you confirm a trip together and one of you can’t come, you can let the host knows about it and check if they can receive only one of you.
If you want to make some trips together and others alone, we recommend each one of you to create an individual account as Verified Members and, when you find a host to volunteer together, you both make applications individually and let the host knows that you’re coming together!
The reviews are made individually for both hosts and travelers, so the traveler that didn’t come can receive a “no-show” review on their profile, according to our Trip Cancellation Policy.
At the end of the experience, we ask our travelers to write reviews to their hosts. Reviews are super important to share your opinion and impressions on your experience with the volunteer or the host. In the couple’s/friends’ plan, each traveler will receive a link to leave their review and will be evaluated individually by the host. To know more about our Review Policy, click here.
If, by any reason, the host doesn’t respect what had been previously agreed (counting from the date of arrival), Worldpackers will help you find another host nearby for you to exchange your skills for accommodation. If we cannot relocate you, Worldpackers will pay up to 3 nights of accommodation in another previously selected hostel, in a shared room in the same city.
If you need anything else, please contact us on email@example.com.