To apply for Worldpackers Insurance, please fill out the WP Insurance Application Form. We'll get in contact with you as soon as possible!
Worldpackers Insurance Policy
If for any reason, the host does not abide by what has been previously agreed (counting from the date of arrival), Worldpackers will help you find another host nearby for you to exchange your skills for accommodation. If we cannot relocate you, Worldpackers will pay for nights of accommodation in another previously selected hostel, in a shared room in the same city.
The amount and number of nights to be reimbursed depends on the insurance purchased at the time of purchase, the options are:
- Standard Insurance: 3 nights accommodation in a shared room or up to USD 49 (included in the Trips plan).
- Extended Insurance: For members who purchased the WP Pack plan on or after April 1, 2022, and WP Trips members who purchased the Extended Insurance separately, Worldpackers reimburses up to 7 nights of accommodation, or up to USD 199.
- Prime Insurance: For members of the WP Pack Plus plan, Worldpackers refunds up to 14 nights of accommodation or up to USD 399.
We ask the traveler to contact our support team before leaving the host so we can better assist the traveler in a better way.
Below are the rules of the WP Insurance applicability:
- WP Insurance only applies in cases where the host is fully responsible for the problem;
- WP Insurance is only valid during the period of stay;
- We will only consider the dates of arrival and departure registered on our platform;
- If the dates are rearranged between host and traveler with no alteration of the arrival and departure dates registered in our platform, the WP Insurance is not valid;
- If the experience lasts longer than 12 weeks, the WP Insurance is not valid;
- The WP Insure is only valid for members of WP Pack, WP Trips, and WP Pack Plus plans;
- WP insurance is valid for every confirmed trip;
- WP insurance will be provided to the traveler after our Community Happiness team has been contacted and informed of the situation, the fulfillment of the WP Insurance Application Form and its approval by the team;
- If the traveler is relocated and pays for the hostel reservation, he/she must send legible copies of the official daily receipts to our support;
- Worldpackers is not responsible for fees charged when making reimbursement deposits after the activation of the insurance;
- Brazilian travelers will receive the refund directly to the credit card on which the plan was purchased or via bank deposit and travelers from other parts of the world will receive the refund through the credit card on which the plan purchase was made or via PayPal;
- It's important to have an active account on the PayPal website so that we can make the refund if there is no possibility of receiving the refund through the credit card;
- To withdraw money from the PayPal account, the rules of that website apply - PayPal itself charges a withdrawal fee. The rate corresponds to 5.99% of the value deposited + a fixed fee depending on the local currency (for example, 0.30 dollars, 0.35 euros).
- We offer WP Insurance in case the host cancels the experience 7 days or less in advance. In case the host cancels more than 7 days in advance, the WP Insurance is not valid;
In cases where the amount paid for hostel nights is higher than the amount invested in the WP Trips Plan, the amount paid in it will be refunded instead of the accommodation amount and you will continue to be our member for free.