The purpose of the evaluations is to show how everyone's experience was, as a feedback to all Worldpackers members. It is a way for our members to contribute and regulate the community, leaving everyone informed of real opinions before confirming trips.
In order for reviews to be honest and transparent, both the host and the volunteer will have 15 days to write the review after the departure date. The comment will only be visible on the profiles when both write or 15 days after the end of the experience.
We understand that experiences are subjective, leading to different perspectives. Therefore, we ask that everyone in the community be open to giving and receiving their feedback with empathy. For this reason, we always seek to understand the two sides involved. Also, travelers and hosts have the right to respond to the other party's review to tell their own version of the facts.
We believe that reviews provide a safer community, so we only delete reviews that are not in accordance with our policies or in extreme cases.
To avoid any problems, it is essential to follow our Review Policy:
- Be polite and keep a respectful vocabulary. We won’t accept aggressive comments or direct or indirect offenses to someone.
- Don't make accusations in your review. You don't want to expose someone if you don't have concrete proof against them.
📝 If your review don't follow those recommendations, we can delete it and ask you to write it again.
The reviews cannot be edited, except in cases of grammatical errors, inconsistent ratings (ex.: number of stars differing from the feedback), or incomplete reviews (ex: if the traveler or host sends the review before finishing writing).
If you have other doubts about how reviews work, check out the frequently asked questions here.
What does Worldpackers believe?
- We believe in collaboration and learning: we are a community-based in win-win collaborative relationships, in which the exchanges and feedback received are opportunities for learning, development, and cultural exchange. Our goal is not to promote working relationships, but rather collaborative exchanges and connections that are opportunities for authentic development and cultural interchanges.
- We believe in inclusion: being a host or a traveler with Worldpackers makes you part of a collaborative community formed by users from all backgrounds, with no room for polarization, prejudice, racism or hate;
- We believe in respect: we know that each region has widely varied cultural norms, beliefs, habits, and laws, and we expect hosts and travelers to act in accordance with local laws and treat each other with respect and empathy, even when opinions could differ based on the education or belief in which they are embedded.
In case you have a bad experience, please leave a private review for the Worldpackers team when writing your host a review or inform the situation through the support channel, so we can take the necessary measures to help 💙