We know that unexpected things happen and plans can change, and that’s why we have the Travel Cancellation Policy, which is valid for all WP Trips Members and WP Pack Members.
If the traveler cancels the trip
We understand that unexpected situations can force you to cancel or modify your trip, but it’s important to keep in mind that hosts put a lot of trust in travelers with confirmed trips to help them with what was agreed upon (in some cases, even manage their business), so last-minute cancellations can be really inconvenient for them.
If you need to cancel your trip, we recommend that you contact your host as soon as possible officially through the platform. To officially cancel via the platform, you can find the "Cancel Stay" button in the conversation you have with your host. It is nice to send a message to the host with a brief explanation of the reason for the cancellation so they can understand the reasons and approve other travelers.
- If the traveler cancels the trip 7 days or less in advance, he/she will automatically receive a review on his/her profile informing about the last-minute cancellation;
- If the traveler does not show up on the date confirmed on the platform, he/she may receive a “no-show” review on their profile.
You can also check if it is possible to change the original dates instead of canceling the entire trip :)
If the host cancels the trip
- If the host cancels the trip 30 days or less before the arrival date registered on our platform, Worldpackers’ support team will help the traveler find a new host within the travel period shown on the trip confirmation on the website.
- If Worldpackers is unable to relocate the traveler with a host in the same city, the support team holds the right to find hosts in other areas and/or positions that differ from the original position.
- Worldpackers is not liable for covering the costs of travel changes or other expenses if there is a need to change the destination during the process.
Please note that there will be no refunds. After using the services provided by the Worldpackers Trips Plan or Worldpackers Pack Plan, reimbursements of the fee will only be given in the form of credits in the virtual wallet.