If you want to develop your skills while sharing experiences with someone you love, this is the best option for you! On this article, you'll find all steps, tips and policies to travel with a partner/friend:
- Step 1: Create two profiles
- Step 2: Become a Worldpackers Member
- Step 3: Apply to host positions from all over the world
- Worldpackers Plan Upgrades
- Worldpackers Insurance
Step 1: Create two profiles
Even though it's a double plan, each traveler needs to have its own Worldpackers profile. To get better chances to be approved by our hosts, add as much information as possible on your profile: pictures, descriptions, videos and past experiences will make it easy for a host to be amazed by your application ;)
Profiles must be individual because reviews are written individually, both by you and your host. With that, if a member from the Couple/Friends plan doesn't show up to the experience, the host can leave a "no-show" review to this traveler.
All applications must the done with the same person. It's not possible to change partners on the plan once there's a confirmed trip with this person.
If you won't travel with this person through the entirety of your plan, we recommend you to purchase individual plans and, once you find the perfect position for you, apply individually and tell the host you'll be traveling together, ok? ;)
Step 2: Become a Worldpackers Member
Currently, Worldpackers offers three different plans: WP Academy, WP Trips and WP Pack. The option to travel as a Couple/Friends is available on the WP Trips and WP Pack plans.
If one of the members is already a solo traveler at Worldpackers, it's possible to switch plans. We'll talk about it in a bit ;)
If you're purchasing a Worldpackers' plan for the first time, or if you wish to renew your Couple/Friends plan, you can pay for the membership on the links below, using any of our payment options:
- Worldpackers Trips Plan for Couples/Friends (USD 59)
- Worldpackers Pack Plan for Couples/Friends (USD 109)
This is a one-time fee, valid for eighteen months (1 year and a half), and paid by only one person from the pair.
After this purchase, you'll be able to invite your pair to join you :)
Step 3: Apply to host positions from all over the world
After completing both profiles, it's time to apply! See some tips below:
- Individual applications are not allowed on the Couple/Friends plans;
- For the application to go through, both profiles must be complete;
- The two members of the plan need to attend to all position requirements;
- Once the trip is pre-approved by the host, only one of the members needs to confirm it.
Worldpackers Plan Upgrades
Plan upgrades and switches will be analyzed by the Community Happiness team, following the criteria below based on our Cancellation & Upgrade Policies:
I'm a WP Trips Solo Member and I want to travel with a partner
In case you've bought a Trip Solo plan and want to upgrade it, check the steps to upgrade your Worldpackers Solo Trips Plan to the Worldpackers Trips Plan for Couples/Friends.
I'm a WP Pack Solo Member and I want to travel with a partner
In case you've bought a Pack Solo plan and want to upgrade it, check the steps to upgrade your Worldpackers Solo Pack Plan to the Worldpackers Pack Plan for Couples/Friends.
I'm a WP Couples/Friends Member and I want to travel alone
In case you want to downgrade your Worldpackers Couple/Friends plan to the Solo version, please contact our Community Happiness team at firstname.lastname@example.org to require the plan switch.
- In case you've applied for positions (answered or not by the host) within 30 days after the purchase, our team can switch your plan to its Solo version, giving you a refund in credits on the platform if the previous purchase made was in higher amount than the price of the new plan.
The Worldpackers Solo Trips plan costs USD 49, and the Worldpackers Solo Pack plan costs USD 99.
- If you already have confirmed trips with your partner, our team can switch your plan to its Solo version, without any refunds.
It's important to reinforce that, in any of the situations above, all future applications and trips will be cancelled by the Worldpackers team.
I'm a WP Trips Couple/Friends Member and I want to upgrade my plan to WP Pack for Couple/Friends
You can upgrade your plan at any given time within your one-and-a-half-years current membership.
If you wish to upgrade your WP Trips for Couples/Friends plan to the WP Pack for Couples/Friends plan in order to have access to all content from Worldpackers Academy, follow the steps below:
- Get in touch with our Community Happiness team by email (email@example.com), requiring the plan upgrade;
- Pay the gap between both plans - which is the difference between what you’ve paid for your WP Solo Pack membership and the amount for the Couples/Friends plan, with a special discount as you’re already a Worldpackers member: the WP Pack Plan for Couples/Friends Plan, which usually costs USD 109, is available for USD 89!
This new payment does not allow the use of promocodes that weren’t generated by the WP Community Happiness team.
After this upgrade, your plan expiration date changes, too: no matter when you bought your current membership, the new plan will be valid for one and a half years :)
The Couple/Friends Plan cancellation must be required by the member who paid for the membership on the platform.
Worldpackers Trips Plan - Cancellation Policies
Couple/Friends Plans and Solo follow the same policies.
Worldpackers Pack Plan - Cancellation Policies
Couple/Friends Plans and Solo follow the same policies.
If your experience didn't go as planned, you can apply to the Worldpackers Insurance, available to the Worldpackers Trips and the Worldpackers Pack plans. Understand all conditions and its requirement process.
In case of any doubts, please contact our Community Happiness Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll be happy to help you! :)
PS: It is not allowed to use a Solo Traveler Plan to have experiences with more than one person. Any plans on this situation can be completely removed from the platform, without further notice nor refund.