If you want to develop your skills while sharing experiences with someone you love, this is the best option for you! In this article, you'll find all steps, tips and policies to travel with a partner/friend:
- Step 1: Create two profiles
- Step 2: Become a Worldpackers Member
- Step 3: Connect with your pair
- Step 4: Apply to host positions from all over the world
- Worldpackers Plan Upgrades
- Worldpackers Safeguard
- General rules and conditions
Step 1: Create two profiles
Even though it's a double plan, each traveler needs to have their own Worldpackers profile. To get better chances to be approved by our hosts, add as much information as possible on your profile: pictures, descriptions, videos, and past experiences. This will make it easy for a host to be amazed by your application ;)
It's not allowed to use a Solo Traveler plan to have experiences with more than one person. Profiles must be individual because reviews are written individually, both by you and your host. With that, if a member from the Couple/Friends plan doesn't show up to the experience, the host can leave a "no-show" review for this traveler.
All applications must be done with the same person. It's not possible to change partners on the plan once there's a confirmed trip with this person.
If you won't travel together through the entirety of your plan, we recommend you purchase individual plans and, once you find the perfect position for both of you, apply individually and tell the host you'll be traveling together, ok? ;)
Step 2: Become a Worldpackers Member
Currently, Worldpackers offers four different plans: WP Academy, WP Trips, WP Pack, and WP Pack Plus. The option to travel as Couple/Friends is available on the WP Trips, WP Pack, and WP Pack Plus plans.
If one of the members is already a solo traveler at Worldpackers, it's possible to switch plans. We'll talk about it in a bit ;)
If you're purchasing a Worldpackers' plan for the first time, or if you wish to renew your Couple/Friends plan, you can pay for the membership on the links below, using any of our payment options:
- Worldpackers Couples/Friends Plan (USD 59)
- Worldpackers Couples/Friends Pack Plan (USD 119)
- Worldpackers Couples/Friends Pack Plus Plan (USD 149)
This is a one-time fee, valid for twelve months, and paid by only one person from the pair. If there are any current promotions, the validity of the plan may be extended.
Step 3: Connect with your pair
It's super simple to connect the profiles: just log in to our platform and click the "link couple/friend" button on the top right corner of the screen, and then add your partner's email address! It's necessary that the partner already has an account registered on our platform, ok? ;)
After that, all that is needed is for your partner to accept your invitation and you can start applying for all the positions you want!
The chosen pair remains connected with you until the end of the validity of the plan, and cannot be changed. 😊
Step 4: Apply to host positions from all over the world
After completing both profiles, it's time to apply! See some tips below:
- Individual applications are not allowed on the Couple/Friends plans;
- For the application to go through, both profiles must be complete;
- The two members of the plan need to attend to all position requirements;
- Once the trip is pre-approved by the host, only one of the members needs to confirm it.
Worldpackers Plan Upgrades
Plan upgrades and switches will be analyzed by the Community Happiness team, following the criteria below based on our Plan Change Policies:
- If the change is from a couple/friends plan to an individual plan, the request must be made by the person who paid for the plan;
- If it's necessary to pay the price difference between the plans, it's important to note that this new payment does not support the use of promotional codes;
- Upgrades, where it's necessary to pay the difference between the plans, are only allowed if requested within 6 months after the plan purchase;
- If the payment of the price difference between the plans is made when upgrading it, regardless of your current plan expiration date, your new one will be valid for 12 months, or more, if there is an ongoing extension promotion;
- Downgrades (e.g. change from Couples to Solo) can be requested at any time during the plan validity, and the plan expiration date will remain the same after the change;
- If you have paid the total value of the plan and the downgrade request is made within 30 days of the plan purchase, we can offer the difference between the plan's prices in credits on the platform. These credits will be added to your profile and have no expiration date, so you can use them whenever you want to buy one of our plans in the future :)
The Couple/Friends Plan cancellation must be required by the member who paid for the membership on the platform. To request or learn more about canceling plans, just click here!
If your experience didn't go as planned, you can apply to the Worldpackers Safeguard, available for the WP Trips, WP Pack, and WP Pack Plus plans. It's important to note that Worldpackers Safeguard is not travel or health insurance, and is considered in cases where there is a problem with the experience that is entirely the host's responsibility. With it, we help you find a new project to volunteer or refund up to 3 nights of accommodation in a hostel for Trips members, up to 7 nights for Pack members, or up to USD399 for Pack Plus members. To understand more about the conditions of use and how the Safeguard works, just click here!
General rules and conditions:
1) It's only possible to travel in pairs until the end of the current plan
2) If there is a change to the solo plan, it cannot be doubled again until the membership expires
3) If there is a change of plan, all double applications will be canceled
4) Both must have a complete profile and meet the position requirements to apply
5) It's not allowed to change the duo