You can create some quick message templates and have them ready to send when someone applies to stay with you. Save time and respond to volunteers easily and quickly.
1) How to create a quick message template
To create a template, go to your mailbox and click on "Quick Message Templates", then on "New Template". You can make as many as you want.
Then to use them, just click on the lightning bolt symbol in the answer box when responding to a volunteer.
Please note: For now this functionality is only available on the website (not for the mobile app).
2) Examples to inspire you
Here are some examples of messages that you can use or get inspiration from:
1) Templates to accept requests (pre-approval)
- Hi! Thanks for your message. It would be our pleasure to welcome you here to help us out. I'm pre-approving you, so please confirm the trip if you really want to come. If you have any questions about the place, need directions, or want to know more, feel free to ask. I’m looking forward to your confirmation!
- Hey! Thanks for reaching out :) We do have availability then, and we’d love to have you here with us! We’re looking for people who are willing to help and engage in an exchange with us. If you have any questions or need any info, just ask! I'm pre-approving you, so please confirm the trip if you really want to come. Thanks!
- Hello! Thank you for contacting us. We liked your profile and do have availability for these dates. I'm pre-approving you, so you can confirm the trip. If you still have any questions or concerns, I'll be happy to answer. Best wishes and hope to see you soon!
- We’d love to host you! Please find more information about our program here [link]. Do you have any questions? We’re just waiting for your confirmation here on the Worldpackers' website. It will be great to have you here to help us, see you soon!
2) Templates for date changes
- Hi! We like your profile, but unfortunately, we don’t have any availability for the dates when you applied. I’m suggesting a date change, so if that’s possible for you, please confirm the trip and we can discuss things further.
- Thanks so much for your interest in being a worldpacker here! We can’t fit you in for those dates, so I'm suggesting new ones. If your dates are flexible, please confirm the trip. I hope it works out!
3) Templates to decline requests
- Thanks for your interest, but we’re looking for a different kind of profile right now. We wish you the best of luck on your travels!
- Thanks for contacting us, but we're not looking for volunteers right now. We wish you all the best on your travels!
- Unfortunately we won’t be able to host you at this time, hopefully, it’ll work out another time. Good luck in your search!
4) Templates for general questions.
- Thanks for contacting us! We’d like to learn a little more about you. Why are you interested in coming to our place? What do you enjoy doing? What most interests you about this opportunity? Do you have any questions or concerns that we can answer? :)
- Hello! Thank you for your interest! Could you please let us know a little more about yourself? Do you have any experience related to the position you applied for? What else made you want to come here? What was the last trip you took and what did you like about it? Do you have any questions that we can help you out with?
- Thanks for reaching out! :) What kind of things do you like to do? What made you choose our place? Have you had any experience with activity you applied for? Tell me something you’re proud of about yourself. And do you have any questions that I can help you with? Looking forward to your response!
5) Templates to ask for videos
- Hey! It’s awesome that you want to be worldpacker here! We get a lot of requests, so we ask people to send a short video of no more than 3 minutes with answers to the following questions: (question 1, 2, and 3). That way we can get to know you a little better, and make sure we’re the kind of place you’re looking for. You can just record the video on your phone, upload it to Youtube, and send us the link here. See you soon!