To clear up any possible questions you may have about your account and notifications settings at Worldpackers, we’ve put together answers to the most common questions so you don’t have a shadow of a doubt:
- I want to add or edit information on my profile
- I want to add and allow more people to use my account
- I want to change my account password
- I want to change my account login email address
- Changing my personal photo
- I’m not receiving the notification emails
- I want to change the platform's language settings
- My property was sold. Can the new owners continue using the same profile on Worldpackers?
I want to add or edit information on my profile
- General information
In order to have a full description of your project, please click on "Manage profile". This information will show up in all of your positions.
- Positions' specific information
To add more info about a specific volunteer position, go to "Volunteer Positions" and then "Edit". You'll be able to edit all information on your position - including adding screening questions for this specific position. Every traveler who applies will have to answer them, so you'll get a better understanding of the person's personality and motivation.
I want to add and allow more people to use my account
The Team Member feature is available for you to add the people that will help you recruit the best volunteers for your project. They will be able to answer, pre-approve and decline travelers who apply to your place. The system will only accept email addresses that are not being used by another user (host or traveler).
I want to change my account password
Please click on your personal photo on the top right corner and then click on "Change password". If you have trouble changing your password, please contact us.
I want to change my account login email address
In order to change your account login email address, please click on your personal picture on the top right corner and then on "Basic Info". This way, you'll be able to change the account login email address. Right after, you must re-define their password here. The system will only accept email addresses that are not being used by another user (host or traveler).
If you want to change the notifications email (applications, confirmations, etc), click on "Profile" → "Manage Profile" → and on the top left you’ll need to edit the "best email for notifications".
Changing my personal photo
To change your personal photo, please go to your homepage, click on the icon of your photo on the top right corner and then on "Personal Photo". Say cheese! 📷
I’m not receiving the notification emails
Usually, there are 3 reasons for this:
- Emails are going to junk, spam or "promotions" tab. In this case, make sure you mark them as "safe", so they'll be directed to your main inbox.
- You may have unsubscribed from our emails. If this is the case, please contact us and we'll take care of it right away! 💙
- There may have been a typo and the notification email is wrong. Note that the login email is not necessarily the same email that you chose to receive notifications. Make sure you're checking the right email address. Go to "edit profile" and on the left-hand side, change "the best email to receive notifications" if you have to.
I want to change the platform's language settings
For now, Worldpackers is available in the English, Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese versions. In order to change it, please click on the language button on the top right corner.
My property was sold. Can the new owners continue using the same profile on Worldpackers?
In case your property has been sold, the new owners must create a new profile for the project. Management changes reflect directly on the experience, and that's why keeping the reviews gotten and given by the former management team would present a lack of transparency with the Worldpackers' community.
We’re always improving our processes and we’re open to feedback from our community! So if you have any questions or suggestions, we’ll be happy to help you out. 💙