As a collaborative community, Worldpackers relies on the transparency of the feedback about each exchange to promote the quality and safety of experiences. Here you can find more details about the policies that regulate our community.
1. Activity Policy
To maintain our promise to connect the most committed travelers to the most responsive hosts, we analyze the hosts’ active participation in the platform. For this, we take into account the number of applications that were answered within certain periods.
A host account can be automatically paused temporarily due to inactivity if it meets any of the criteria below:
Receive 9 or more applications and not answer any applications in the last 30 days
Receive the sum of 9 or more applications and not answer any applications in the last 90 days
+ See here our Activity Policy
2. Temporary Pause Policy
If you project is not offering experiences within our ideal quality and safety requirements, your account will be temporarily paused by an automatic process that evaluates the following criteria combination:
Receive 2 or 3 reviews with ratings below 3 stars in the last 180 days
Have an Average Rating lower than 4.0 within the same period
+ See here our Temporary Pause Policy
3. Permanent Deactivation Policy
The conditions below also apply to any accounts created by the same host and/or the same project that had the profile permanently deactivated.
If the project is not offering an experience within ideal quality and safety requirements, the account will be permanently deactivated by an automatic process that evaluates the following criteria combination:
Receive 4 or more reviews with ratings below 3 stars in the last 180 days
Have an Average Rating lower than 4.0 within the same period
Deactivation due to Extreme Issues
Negative feedback made by any member of the community (travelers or hosts), reporting extreme situations - that is, involving conflicts that compromise the physical, moral and/or psychological integrity of travelers on the part of the hosts, will lead to the immediate deactivation of the project’s account until the situation is verified by the Worldpackers team. If a recurrence of negative feedback is detected, the account will be permanently deactivated.
+ See here our Permanent Deactivation Policy
Categories of reported issues
In Worldpackers, we categorize the reported situations regarding travelers as:
- Non-technical issues: when communication and relationship issues take place between travelers and hosts, or when the traveler is not aligned to the collaborative purpose of the platform;
- Extreme issues: we consider feedback as extreme when they involve situations and conflicts that compromise the physical, moral, and/or psychological integrity of other members of the community - be it of fellow travelers, guests staying in the host’s property, members of staff or the hosts themselves.
1. What can lead to a traveler profile being deactivated on Worldpackers?
- Inappropriate and/or violent communication with members of the Worlpackers community or the Worldpackers team can lead to deactivation without prior notice and with reactivation subject to the team's evaluation;
- Reports of non-technical and extreme situations with evidence and/or official documents - such as police reports - lead to the immediate deactivation of the traveler’s profile without prior notice;
- Recurring negative feedback, be it through a public or private review or one of WP’s private support channels. We consider as recurring:
- Non-technical issues: three or more instances of negative feedback, or >=25% of all the feedback received from members of the community (travelers or hosts) about their experiences with the traveler;
- Extreme issues: two or more instances of negative feedback, made by any member of the community (travelers and hosts).
Feedbacks can be hybrid, which means they can involve more than one category above. In case we receive hybrid feedback involving extreme issues, the criteria for extreme issues will be considered for profile evaluation.
About the membership
- For accounts with Trips Couples/ Friends or Couples/ Friends Pack Plans, we consider the experiences in pairs as a single exchange. Therefore, if a traveler who is a member of the WP Trips or WP Pack for Couples/ Friends has their account deactivated for any of the reasons mentioned above, it may result in changes also in the connected pair account. Possible changes are the profile deactivation and/or the current plan expiration.
- According to the Travelers Reactivation Policy, if the traveler has their account reactivated after a deactivation, the original membership expiration date will be maintained.
2. Travelers Reactivation Policy
Worldpackers believe in the development of the community, therefore traveler profiles that were deactivated due to recurring negative feedback can be reactivated. Travelers can request to be reactivated subject to the analysis of the Worldpackers team, according to the criteria and steps below:
- Non-technical issues
- Profiles may be suspended between 1 and 4 months, to be defined by the Worldpackers team, based on the content and recurrence of the feedback received;
- If there is interest in reactivating the profile after the established period, a reflection between the WP team and the traveler will be proposed for alignment with the collaborative purpose and correction of recurring themes pointed out by WP community members (hosts or travelers).
- Extreme issues
- Profiles can be suspended from Worldpackers for up to 5 years, counting from the date of deactivation, according to the WP Team evaluation;
- After this period, the WP team can assess the reactivation request through conversations made via any channel chosen and agreed upon between the parties, and/or with an exercise provided by the Worldpackers team to be executed by the traveler.
Issues reported with evidence and/or official documents lead to the suspension of the host’s profile for 10 years.
- After the reactivation of the profile, if a traveler gets new negative feedbacks of any kind, they can have their account deactivated again for longer than 12 months for technical and non-technical issues, and 10 years for extreme issues;
- These policies also apply to any new profiles created on the platform by the traveler who was deactivated;
- Requests for reactivation should be sent by the traveler to our team.