Our goal is to provide the best experience for travelers and hosts. Although we know that some unforeseen events may occur, we are here to assist you whenever necessary.
We have a support team available to help both travelers and hosts whenever the experience is not going as planned.
The root cause of 95% of problems involving hosts and travelers is related to communication. We offer a course in our Academy on Non-Violent Communication to help you improve your communication skills and avoid future problems.
We understand that experiences are subjective, leading to different perspectives. That is why we ask everyone in the community to be open to give and receive feedback with empathy, always remembering that the purpose of evaluations at Worldpackers is for the development of everyone involved. For these reasons, we always seek to understand all sides and present opportunities for improvement for future experiences.
But if for any reason, the host does not respect what was previously agreed upon (from the arrival date), we will help you find another host nearby. And as this can take longer than we would like, if necessary, we can also refund up to 3 nights of accommodation in another hostel, in a shared room, previously selected in the same city. The maximum refund value is relative to the value paid for the plan.
For members who purchased the WP Pack plan after April 1, 2022, and WP Trips members who purchased Extended Insurance, Worldpackers refunds up to 7 nights of accommodation, or up to USD 199.
But before requesting the WP Insurance, make sure you have followed all of our recommendations.
Much more than accommodation in exchange for collaboration with each project, Worldpackers knows that collaborative experiences are an opportunity for learning for travelers and hosts. We encourage you to talk about problems during the experience, just as we talked about in this lesson of the course How to be an extraordinary worldpacker. Here are some tips for best practices to resolve problems related to unfulfilled agreements, communication, or dissatisfaction during a collaborative exchange:
- Communicate clearly and objectively: make sure that all expectations and agreements are clear from the beginning. Communicate with your host in a clear, objective way to avoid misunderstandings and try to resolve the problem in a friendly way, before taking drastic measures such as leaving the exchange or activating the Insurance.
- Be empathetic: put yourself in the other person's shoes and try to understand your host's perspective. This will help find fair solutions for both sides.
- Try to resolve the problem through dialogue: try to solve any problem through dialogue and negotiation. Be open and transparent about your concerns, about how you feel and try to reach an agreement with your host.
- Use the platform to report the problem: if the problem cannot be resolved through dialogue, use the platform to report the problem. This will allow the platform's support team to help find a solution.
- Be honest and transparent: be honest and transparent about your expectations and concerns. This will help avoid future problems and find fair solutions for everyone involved.
- Keep calm: try to remain calm and do not let emotions interfere with problem resolution. Take deep breaths and try to keep an open mind to find a fair solution for everyone.
- Be willing to make concessions: be willing to make concessions to reach an agreement. Sometimes, it is necessary to give in on some things to achieve a satisfactory outcome.
- Be proactive: be proactive in solving the problem. The faster the problem is resolved, the less negative impact it will have on your collaborative exchange experience.
- Keep a record of all communications: keep a record of all communications related to the problem. This can be useful if you need to contact the platform's support team.
- Be respectful: remember to be respectful throughout the problem-resolution process. This will help maintain the relationship with your host and the community.
There must always be mutual empathy and flexibility to reach the best solution, and if you and the host decide to end the experience before the agreed-upon date, we suggest that you arrange the best departure date for both and request your host to suggest the new departure dates on the platform so that you can confirm a new experience and the host can plan for your departure. If necessary, you can activate Worldpackers Insurance (click to learn more) and we will be happy to help you.
Do not hesitate to share how you are feeling about the experience, and remember to always be open to listening, explaining what needs to be known, and aligning both expectations as best as possible!
We are always working to improve the platform and offer incredible experiences for the community, and with this goal, we have a specialized and dedicated team to contact the hosts, in order to promote more and more rewarding experiences that will contribute the development of each member of our community.
If the host does not fulfill what was agreed upon, and you need to activate the Insurance, contact us, we will be happy to help you!
I am in the experience and the host are not fulfilling the agreement
If you're in an experience and, for any reason, the host does not respect what was previously agreed upon (from the date of arrival), Worldpackers will help you find another host nearby so that you can exchange your skills for accommodation. If we are unable to relocate you, Worldpackers will pay for up to 3 nights of accommodation in another hostel, in a shared room, previously selected in the same city.
To complete the analysis process of WP Insurance as quickly as possible and to help travelers in the best way, we ask that you fill out the form completely and with detailed information about what happened/is happening in your experience, okay? This way, our team can assist you in the best possible way.
To request WP Insurance, please give us a request to complete the WP Insurance Application Form. We will contact you as soon as possible!
I have already left the experience and would like to report a host
First of all, we are very sorry that your experience was not as expected.
As a collaborative platform, Worldpackers strongly believes in experiences as opportunities for learning and, with this in mind, we always recommend constant feedback exchange during experiences between travelers and hosts so that both can develop from this connection that we promote on the platform, as we mentioned in this lesson of the course “How to be an outstanding Worldpacker.”
Ideally, this exchange should take place in loco, while the traveler is at the host. After all, face-to-face conversations are much more effective.
But since you are no longer in the experience, the evaluation on the platform is the perfect space for you to share about your experience, so you can alert future travelers who consider living this experience there, in addition to being able to leave a private message for the host and for us internally. This message must always follow our Review Policy.
If the problem is more serious, please report it here.