Want to edit your profile information and not sure how? Don't worry, this article will make you a pro at it! 😎
Having your profile information updated and complete is super important to help you confirm amazing experiences! Hosts rely on applications and profile information to decide whether to accept a volunteer, so it's crucial to ensure everything is in order. :)
To assist our community in keeping their profiles up to date, we've gathered the most common questions and solutions in case you encounter any difficulties in the process.
- How to edit my personal information?
- I want to change or forgot my password.
- I logged in with Apple ID. What now?
- I logged in with Facebook. What now?
- I logged into my account, but my profile is missing information.
How to edit my personal information?
It's super easy to update your profile information, such as nationality, email, date of birth, display name, current country, and gender identification. To change any of this information, just follow these steps:
- You can only edit your profile information on a computer. So, on our website, hover your mouse over your profile picture in the top right corner of the screen. When you do this, some options will appear.
- Click on the "Account" option as shown in the screenshot below:
3. By clicking on "Account," you'll be able to see all the information you filled in during your profile setup. The information will be displayed like this:
4. Now, simply replace the information you want to update and click "Save" to ensure that all the details are up to date, okay?
Oh, you can follow the steps above or use this link to make the desired changes. Just remember that you need to be logged in to do this, alright?
I want to change or forgot my password.
To reset your password, simply click on "Forgot my password" on the homepage.
You'll then receive an email with instructions and a link to create a new password. Easy peasy, right? :)
I logged in with Apple ID. What now?
When you log in with your Apple ID, the registered email is automatically hidden, so we can't access the original email or send responses via support.
In this case, your email will appear on your account as "firstname.lastname@example.org" and you won't be able to log in using your original email.
If you've logged in this way, we suggest changing your email to your original one to avoid any future issues with logging in or getting in touch with us. You can change your email through this link. Just remember that you need to be logged in to make this change, okay?
I logged in with Facebook. What now?
Due to a technical error related to the Facebook integration, some accounts that logged in this way had their emails changed to a hidden email. As a result, we can't access the original email or provide support responses.
If you've logged in this way, we recommend changing your email to your original one to avoid any future login or contact issues. You can update your email using this link. Just remember that you need to be logged in to make this change, alright?
I logged into my account, but my profile is missing information.
If you remember having a complete profile and the information is no longer there, it's possible that you logged in with a different email and have a duplicated profile. If this happens, please make sure you accessed your profile using the email you used to create your Worldpackers account. If you have a duplicated profile, you can simply delete the duplicate account using this link.